Friday, May 27, 2011

Grilled Cheese

No, I'm not going to tell you how to make a grilled cheese :) I just wanted to share the recent experience I had while making grilled cheese. It was the day I had gotten home from the doctor and feeling pretty crummy I decided to keep it simple for dinner. Grilled cheese and soup were on the menu. I began making the soup earlier in the day and allowing it to simmer, so when Rex came home I could pop on the grilled cheese and be done with cooking. By the time I wanted to start the grilled cheese, I grabbed my bread and *gasp* it was all green! Oops! I guess I should have checked the bread ahead of time. Fortunately earlier in the week I had made honey grain bread in the breadmaker. With a little slicing, some butter, and American singles we were still able to have some delicious grilled cheese. We even preferred the bread to the store bought kind as it was thicker and heavier. We've been going through our flour and sugar so much recently with making virtually everything from scratch that I think I need to come up with some more storage solutions for my pantry.

Here's a picture of frying up our delicious grilled cheese:



Speaking of expanding, Rex and I just adopted a puppy from the humane society. I actually get to pick him up today from the vet hospital after he's "altered". He's a small terrier that's only 2 months old. Since he's so little we really aren't sure what kind of terrier he is actually, but he is a playful little guy who loves to cuddle :) And his name- Albus Dumbledog :) We are going to affectionately call him Albie. I'll have pics to post of him later.

No comments:

Post a Comment