Monday, May 9, 2011

Chicken Alfredo- Cream Cheese Style

Sorry for my long absence, we had a family wedding to attend and family in town. It was a great weekend and I'm exhausted coming back into the real world, but it was worth it. I still had the opportunity to make some home-cooking. Last night I made salad w/ creamy Italian dressing and chili. My husband with his new found passion for making bread made soft pretzels and cornbread as we hosted some of his family over for mother's day and fun. I wish I could take credit for my husband's bread baking skills, but I can't :) I'll have to recreate the meal at a later time so I can blog about it, but until then I'll reveal my love for cream cheese in cooking. I think anything with cream cheese is pretty much amazing, so one day I went online and bought this little guy:


Yes, you are reading your screen correctly. It is my cream cheese cookbook. As you can imagine it is not the healthiest of cookbooks, but it sure does create some good food. The date of the cookbook is clearly shown considering it asks to use margarine instead of butter in every recipe. Regardless, I love making food out of this cookbook. One of my favorite dinners to create is an alfredo sauce with pasta. I made this meal last Thursday, but have just found the time to blog about it! I had saved some leftover chicken from the whole bird I cooked last week, and cut it into smaller pieces.


I then cooked the entire meal in probably 20 minutes. It was so simple and so delicious :) Here is the final product.


INGREDIENTS:

1 pkg fettucine noodles
1 c. cooked chicken breast
1 8 oz pkg cream cheese (I use neufchatel to lower the calories)
3/4 c. grated parmesan cheese
1/2 c. margarine or butter
1/2 c. milk

DIRECTIONS:

1. Add noodles to boiling water and cook according to package instructions.
2. In large saucepan, combine cream cheese, parmesan cheese, margarine/butter, and milk. Stir over low heat until smooth. Add chicken to sauce.
3. Combine with noodles and serve.



1 comment:

  1. I love the fact that you have a blog and that Rex is a bread manlking aficionado!

    ReplyDelete