Thursday, June 16, 2011

Parmesan Chicken

I never thought having a puppy could really be compared to having a baby, but I think I've been proven wrong by Albie. From puppy-proofing, potty-training, house-training, walking him, playing with him, and disciplining the little guy I've had my hands full. But just like a parent I can't help but love him! His newest joy has been tearing apart his squeaky toys and leaving their filling around the house :) Oops! Anyways, I definitely think the dog has taken up my free-time and thus also my blogging time. And just for your viewing pleasure. This is Albie playing with my mom's 60 lb 6-month old standard poodle. I love how Albie instigates and then runs away...lol. And don't mind his squeals, he is a little dramatic at times!



Two nights ago I made Parmesan chicken with Cous-Cous. Parmesan chicken and Chicken parmesan are 2 entirely different dishes. One has sauce and one does not. I prefer Parmesan chicken to Chicken parmesan. I love Parmesan chicken! I love it so much I probably make it every 6-8 weeks. After all, what is not to love? It's crispy chicken that is covered in cheese. I've concocted my own recipe to make the dish as I always felt that there was always room for improvement in some of the recipes I had tried before.

Parmesan Chicken with Cous-cous

The leftovers in the baking dish. Yummy :)


INGREDIENTS
1/2 c all-purpose flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp garlic powder
2 eggs
1 c shredded Parmesan cheese (I use the dried kind as I feel it is similar to bread crumbs)
6 chicken drums
1 tbsp lemon juice

DIRECTIONS
1. In a shallow bowl or pie plate, combine flour, salt and garlic powder. In a separate shallow bowl, beat eggs. In a third bowl place Parmesan cheese. Coat chicken in flour, then dip in egg, and roll in cheese.
2. Place chicken in 9x13 baking dish. Cook chicken 55 minutes at 375 degrees F or until chicken is no longer pink.

No comments:

Post a Comment