Thursday, June 23, 2011

Chicken Alfredo Biscuit Casserole

The other day I was granted a great opportunity to deliver a meal to a new mother and her family. I really enjoy these opportunities to meet with people in my church family that I don't know as well. We had a great conversation and then I was off to feed my own family (i.e. Rex and Albie). I'm a little bit of a daredevil when it comes to cooking. Most people choose their old faithfuls when making dinner for others. I actually really enjoy the opportunity to cook new foods. Like I said, I'm a daredevil. This creation, however, was fabulous! I had so much fun making the meal (and saving some for Rex and myself!) and it tasted so delicious. I made a salad with Creamy Italian dressing, chocolate chip cookies, and chicken alfredo biscuit casserole.

For the Creamy Italian Dressing (I do LOVE this dressing)
Ingredients
3/4 c mayo (I use light-mayo)
1 tbsp red wine vinegar
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp water
1 tsp worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp oregano
1 tsp Italian seasoning (equal portions of oregano, basil, parsley, rosemary, thyme)
1 tsp sugar
1 clove garlic, chopped

Directions
Combine the ingredients together in a sealed jar and shake until well mixed.


For the Chicken Alfredo Biscuit Casserole
Ingredients

1  tbsp butter
2  c sliced fresh mushrooms (I omitted this since I was serving them to guests)
1/2  c yellow onion, chopped 
1/4  c milk
2  c cooked chicken, chopped (I usually just chop up chicken thigh and toss in Wok; it will cook in 10 mins)
2  c frozen broccoli florets, thawed (I added frozen brocolli to the Wok as the chicken was finishing to thaw)
1/4  teaspoon dried basil leaves
1  can refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
1  tbsp butter, melted
1  tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
Sauce:
1 8 oz pkg cream cheese (I use neufchatel to lower the calories)
3/4 c. grated parmesan cheese
1/2 c. margarine or butter
1/2 c. milk
1 tbsp garlic powder


Directions
1. Heat oven to 375°F. Spray 8-inch square (2-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray.
2. If the chicken is not cooked yet, add cut up chicken to Wok w/ oil and stir occasionally until done (10 mins); add broccoli and allow broccoli to thaw in Wok.
3. In the meantime make Alfredo sauce. In large saucepan, combine cream cheese, parmesan cheese, margarine/butter, garlic powder, and milk. Stir over low heat until smooth. Add chicken and broccoli to sauce.
4. In Wok or skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat. Cook mushrooms and onion in butter, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in Alfredo sauce, milk, chicken, broccoli and basil. Cook until mixture is thoroughly heated and bubbly, stirring constantly. Spoon into baking dish.
5. Separate dough into 10 biscuits. Cut each biscuit in half crosswise. Arrange around edge of baking dish, overlapping slightly. Drizzle biscuits with melted butter; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
6. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment