Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Pumpkin Spice Latte

With the weather changing and the reminder that the holidays will soon be upon us, I have been craving Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte. I do love Starbucks, but at $4 per latte (for something that probably costs $0.15 to make) just isn't friendly on my desire to drink it multiple times a week. So I searched for a recipe I could make while at home. I looked at roughly 8 recipes before deciding on one that would work with the limited resources I had. This recipe is from a blog http://vanillaandlace.blogspot.com/2009/11/pumpkin-spice-latte.html

"Pumpkin spice latte
1 cup milk
2-2.5 tablespoons pumpkin puree
1 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1/8 cup espresso or 1/4 cup REALLY strong coffee 


In a glass jar with lid, combine milk, pumpkin puree, and sugar. Shake vigorously until slightly foamy, and microwave for one minute. Shake again, and microwave again. Repeat until foamy and hot. Add vanilla extract. Pour into mug, with a spoon holding back the foam. add espresso. Then top with the foam."

"
The first time I made this, I added a tsp of pumpkin pie spice and it came out way too spiced. I decided to nix that idea, but I did start adding cinnamon and that made it much better. On a cold rainy day such as this, I think I just make one today!

No comments:

Post a Comment